New Garage Door ROI
REMODELING MAGAZINE LISTS GARAGE DOOR REPLACEMENT AS ONE OF THE HIGHEST RETURNS ON INVESTMENT IN THE LATEST COST VS VALUE REPORT
According to a report from Remodeling Magazine, that’s the return on investment you can expect after replacing your garage door.
Remodeling Magazine calculates the ROI by comparing the average cost of 23 different home remodeling projects. It shows that Curb Appeal projects give you the greatest return, with exterior projects accounting for seven of the top ten greatest return values.
New garage doors consistently make the top of Remodeling Magazine’s Cost vs. Value list. Not only can they skyrocket your home’s curb appeal, but according to the report, they nearly pay for themselves with the value they add to your home!
Replacing your garage door is a great opportunity to increase your home’s value by improving its aesthetic and adding convenient new features.
What Makes the ROI So High?
A nice-looking garage door definitely helps increase your property value, but there are a few other reasons garage doors have such a strong return on investment compared to other exterior projects.
- Energy efficiency – A new garage door with improved insulation can reduce the energy required to heat or cool your home. This can translate into lower utility bills, which can be pretty attractive to potential buyers (and your wallet!).
- Improved security – Investing in a new garage door with robust security features like sturdy construction, advanced locking mechanisms, and smart home compatibility can significantly enhance the security of your home.
- Reduced maintenance costs – Older garage doors may require frequent repairs and maintenance, which can add up over time. By replacing an old door with a new, reliable one, you can minimize ongoing maintenance costs, making your home more appealing to buyers looking for low-maintenance properties.
Choosing the right garage door can be a bit daunting – that’s why at Precision Garage Door, we have fully trained professionals ready to help from design to installation
What Kind of Door Should You Get?
There’s no universally superior garage door type, and the one you choose will ultimately vary based on the material and style as well as your home’s needs and aesthetic. You can also opt for a custom garage door to add a personal touch.
Regardless of which door you choose, there are a few features that should be included in all high-quality garage doors. Choose one with these characteristics:
- Made with high-tensile-strength steel
- Two coats of factory-applied paint
- Polyurethane insulated to minimum R-12
- ½-inch insulated glass in the top panel windows
- Includes galvanized steel hinges and ball-bearing urethane rollers in its hardware
Trusted Garage Door Replacement
Choose the Right Door for Your Home
Steel Garage Doors
Steel is one of the most widely-used garage door materials, partly because of its durability. It’s also easier to maintain than some others and comes with a wide variety of design options. Steel is a great material choice if you’re looking for a door that’s low-maintenance, durable, and offers a great value for the price.
Wood Garage Doors
Wood garage doors have a natural beauty, are very versatile, and operate quietly. They come in a wide range of styles, but they’re a bit more high-maintenance than some other types. Wood doors also tend to be heavier and may require a high-horsepower opener to operate at their best.
Wood-Composite Garage Doors
Wood-composite garage doors don’t require the same level of maintenance as a wood door due to being weather- and pest-resistant. Wood composite doors are environmentally-friendly and made mostly from recycled materials, so they’re also the greenest door available.
Wood Overlay Garage Doors
Call Us Today
Let’s get started on your new remodeling project! Precision Garage Door is here to help you through the entire garage door replacement process, from picking the style to completing the installation.
Call us today to schedule your free new door estimate!