Garage Door Panel Replacement Cost
What to Expect When Replacing Garage Door Panels
Garage door panels play a big part not only in the way your garage door operates, but also in your home’s overall aesthetic. Over time, wear and tear, accidents, or harsh weather can impact how they look and work.
If your garage door panels have seen better days, you might be wondering about garage door panel replacement cost and what to expect.
At Precision, we help you choose the best panel replacement option for your home, budget, and personal taste.
Is Panel Replacement a Good Option for You?
Single garage door panels can become discolored with age, cracked, or bent in an accident. It’s sometimes possible to replace one panel – and per HomeAdvisor, garage door panel replacement cost is usually around $350 to $1500 – but replacing the entire garage door can be more cost-effective in the long run.
Here are a few reasons why:
- Replacing just one or a few panels can result in a mismatched appearance, impacting the overall visual appeal of your property. This typically happens with older garage doors.
- If your garage door panels are showing signs of damage or wear, chances are other components of the door might also be aging. By replacing the entire door, you ensure that all parts are in optimal condition, minimizing the likelihood of future repairs.
- Modern garage doors often come with improved insulation properties, helping regulate indoor temperatures and potentially reduce heating and cooling costs.
- While individual panel replacement might seem cheaper upfront, the cumulative costs of multiple replacements can add up quickly. Opting for a new door ensures you won’t face repeated repair expenses in the near future.
- If one of your panels was damaged by impact from something like a vehicle, it’s important to schedule an appointment with Precision as soon as possible. Even damage that appears minor could impact your entire garage door system and compromise its safety.
If you’re unable to open your garage door properly due to a broken panel, we’re here to help! Give us a call 24/7.
Can I Replace a Panel Myself?
DIY panel replacement may save you labor costs in the short term, but it’s not something we recommend. Since panel damage may indicate a much larger problem with your garage door (especially damage from impact), it’s essential to have your door inspected by a pro.
Any work you do yourself also isn’t protected by a warranty. If something goes wrong, or the panel is installed incorrectly, you’re on the hook for any damage that occurs.
At Precision, we back our work with an industry-leading warranty to give homeowners peace of mind that the work will be done safely and correctly.
Precision has been providing trusted garage door services in the Northwest Indiana area for over 20 years.
We take pride in using only the most high-quality garage door parts and backing up our work with an industry-leading warranty.
See Our 5 Star Reviews!
“We called for an appointment and got a technician to come the same day. Bradley was knowledgeable, patient, and super helpful. He explained every step of what he was doing, and gave us suggestions on how to fix the problem. […] We were happy to get our issue resolved so quickly.” – Lizolette G.
“I called Precision Door about my garage door problem and received prompt service (both times). I am very pleased with the service I received and the technician, Eric, was very knowledgeable about his job and was willing to help me with all of my questions and concerns. I would highly recommend this company.” – Loria H.
“Buck was very detailed in explaining what options we had to repair our garage door. Given the information we were able to determine what action we wanted to take. He was fast and very careful in his rebuild of the door. Excellent workmanship and very courteous.” – Ken P.
“They came out same day and explained the options/costs up front. The tech was very polite and friendly and worked well with the Manager. Fixed quickly and helped test and tweak the opener before wrapping up. Would definitely recommend!” – Cory W.